"Wherever men have lived there is a story to be told." Henry David Thoreau

Friday, June 28, 2013

At an Early Age

This has nothing to do with writing, but it's one of my favorite photos when I was about five years old. My dad had just bought us kids this pony and we were all pretty excited about it. The thing I remember the most about this horse was the day my older sister and I were riding double, bareback, through the field. I was the youngest so I had to ride in the back. The horse started to go faster than we wanted him to and before my sister could get him under control we both started to slide off. I remember it being in slow motion. I had my arms wrapped around my sister's waist and we started sliding inch by inch trying to hold on, until gravity took over and we landed in a heap in the hay field. We weren't hurt, just our pride.

3 comments:

B.J. Anderson said...

I love this picture!

Anonymous said...

Linda, you are adorable! Who knew that little girl would one day grow up to be an award winning author? But mostly, that sweetie grew up to be the wife and proud mother of three beautiful, talented, and confident young women.

Sherry R.

Anonymous said...

Linda, you lived my life's dream. I started asking for a horse (and the one you're on would've really fit my needs) when I was about six. Never got one (living in the city really puts limitations on the animals one can own)but you look so happy...great picture. Thanks for sharing.
Sue Anne H.