"Wherever men have lived there is a story to be told." Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Kindle Release


For all of you Kindle owners out there, I would like to let you know that my novel, The Last Rodeo, is now available in the Kindle Store for $4.99. I am a new owner of the Kindle--my husband bought it for me for our wedding anniversary a few weeks ago.

I'd love to hear from others about how they feel about the Kindle. I'll admit, I was a reluctant to be a traitor to printed books, but two of my daughters have one, and they love its convenience. I'm not sure it will ever replace that special feeling one gets when curling up with a book, but it's really nice to be able to pump up the font to a size that is easier on the eyes. (Okay, so I never had this problem a few years ago, but, alas, age is catching up to me.) I will also shamelessly admit that the first book I ordered was my own! What better way to get your feet wet?

3 comments:

Tom said...

I don't have one yet, but I would like to get one. Wow. Congratulations on your anniversary! What a neat gift!

Irene Bennett Brown said...

Nice anniversary gift, congratulations! I'll be in your footsteps, hoping for a Kindle for Christmas. I at least want to try one. And even more, want to get some of my books up on Kindle. Please keep us informed about this new venture.

Irene

Linda Sandifer said...

Will do, Irene. You can get a book so fast it's almost scary!