"Wherever men have lived there is a story to be told." Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Shadow of the Wind

Last night I finished reading The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. My first inclination was to turn back to page one and read it again--it was that good--and I never read books more than once. Mainly because I have so many on my reading list and so little time. As soon as I finish one, I move onto the next one. If they don't grab me right away, they end up in a box that goes to the library or the used bookstore. (Life is too short to waste it on bad books.) But this one I'll keep. I felt just like the character in the book who discovered the most wonderful book in the Cemetery of Forgotten Books. If you haven't read it, you should.

1 comment:

B.J. Anderson said...

Wow. I'm going to have to read this! It sounds like a really good book.